Roles and responsibilities Greetings from Data Intensity!
We are conducting a scheduled walk-in drive on Saturday 4th May, 2019
for Shift Lead - Oracle Apps DBA
requirement for Hyderabad location
Please find below the interview venue and the job description:
Venue: Data Intensity India Pvt. Ltd.
DLF Cyber City, Office 4a & 4b, 8th floor, Block-III
Survey # 129 to 132, Gachibowli Village,
Sherilingampalli, Hyderabad 500019
Entry Point: Gate 3
Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Contact Person: Sanketh / Sakthi
Please carry your updated resume and a valid photo ID proof
Reporting directly to the Oracle Operations Manager and dotted line to the Global Operations Center Operations Shift Manager, The Oracle Operations Shift Leader is a role of providing hands-on dba work and leading an operations team of Oracle DBAs and Oracle Application DBAs in the delivery of high quality business services to both cloud hosted, as well as remote managed Data Intensity customers. This position functions within a rotating shift schedule.
This position is a hands-on DBA role with 60/40 split with managing DBA team responsibilities. The position is responsible for the management of the related oracle DBA and Apps DBA support teams across the globe within a matrix support and management model.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinating support across your team(s) you lead
- Working with Clients and teams to resolve issues and Escalations
- Interacting and coordinating work with other teams
- Providing team performance reporting and metrics
- Providing technical leadership to assigned shift
- Managing shift transition
- Manage staff reviews, performance, development, training and hiring and firing
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of Oracle DBA and Oracle Application administration during respective shift.
- Manage and provide operational support including incident response, request fulfilment and pro-active database health checks
- Review Work Queue and work in-take processes to assign work and task requests for self and teams members.
- Manage shift transition when coming on and exiting work shift
- Management of all Oracle DBAs for both database and applications within respective shift team
- Developing and maintaining shift schedules for DBAs to cover Oracle operational support needs for Data Intensity clients.
- Primary escalation point for Oracle database and Oracle E-business suite issues during respective shift
- Serve as the escalation point from your shift to the larger operations shift and assist operations manager with any customer escalations
- Assist in the development and implementation of DBA process, procedures and SOPs for Oracle Database and Apps Systems.
- Support and enforce DI Change Management process and procedures
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of experience in application databases, database design, administration, or maintenance of oracle databases and EBS-ERP databases.
- 4+ years management experience overseeing the DBA teams and shift rosters or shift assignments.
- 3+ years experience in a services company is strongly preferred (Hosting, remote services, XaaS etc)
- Expertise in all major versions of technology stack including Database, iAS, Forms, Reports, PL/SQL, Java, Enterprise Manager, SOA, WebLogic and JVM.
- Hands-on operational expertise as an Oracle DBA, with technologies such as RAC, SSO, DataGuard, High Availability and Backup/Recovery (RMAN).
- Expertise across the Oracle DB blatform lifecycle from Oracle RDBMS 8 up to and including Oracle EBS 11i/R12 including full life-cycle implementation experience, configuration and administration of the application.
- ITIL foundations v3 plus certification is a strong plus but strong ITIL knowledge is a requirement
- Knowledge of Oracle maintenance/patching mechanics and EBS architecture.
- Experience with Code Migration tools is a plus
- Shell scripting skills is a plus.
- Hands on Linux system administration experience a plus.
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control is a plus
- Strong communication skills is an absolute must for this position
- Strong English skills are required
- Ability to manage customer or in hose escalation calls is required
- Strong written skills are required
- Strong skills in the use of Microsoft products: MS Word, Excel, and Outlook are required
- Experience with ITIL based ticketing tools is an absolute must for this position. Experience with Service Now is a plus
Salary: INR 14,00,000 - 20,00,000 PA.
Industry: IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software - Application Programming, Maintenance
Role Category: Programming & Design
Role: Team Lead/Technical Lead
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time